Two chapters receive funding in February and March

Congratulations to two amazing chapters! They’ve both hit the jackpot with unique and creative programming, which landed them SPJ Chapter Grants that padded their wallets with $500 each.

The Minnesota Pro chapter is hosting a Journalism Film Festival, showing some of the best journo flicks to those working in the business and the general community. They hope to “discuss journalism with the broader public and raise Minnesota SPJ’s profile in the community.” Chapter members, fellow journalists and the community will likely come together during receptions at the opening and closing of the festival, engaging in conversation about journalism and media.

Scoop

A chapter-in-the-works  at Florida Atlantic University will receive $500 for their upcoming program, JournoSwitch, where FAU students will switch jobs and cover the playing of the 1950′s retro game, Scoop.

“Prominent pro journalists and Frank LoMonte, the executive director of the Student Press Law Center, play an old-school game while discussing the future of journalism and media law. We’ll raffle off spots in the game for journalism students.”

Sign us up!

Congrats to both chapters on great programming and FREE cash. Don’t worry, your chapter can receive some money, too. Applications are available for April and May, so hurry and apply today!

Email this to someoneTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on FacebookShare on TumblrPin on PinterestShare on Reddit

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Newest Posts

And finally… more edits to ethics code draft September 1, 2014, 9:32 pm
New ethics code draft is REALLY final, for now August 29, 2014, 6:17 am
Ethics Code Revision: Final Draft August 28, 2014, 7:22 pm
Wearing your emotions August 28, 2014, 3:07 pm
SPJ Board endorses ethics code draft revision August 27, 2014, 4:55 pm
SPJ Digital approved by Board August 27, 2014, 4:14 pm
Expand your freelance network – join SPJ’s freelance community! August 25, 2014, 9:27 pm

Copyright © 2007-2014 Society of Professional Journalists. All Rights Reserved. Legal